Dental implants are a great way to fix a gap in your smile! Dr. Edwin Yee is here to help you figure out the best options that will last you a lifetime in his Pensacola, FL, office.
Here's what you need to know about dental implants:
Dental implants are not just a restorative procedure that can beautify your smile, they are vital for providing your jawbone with the necessary strength and reinforcement. When there is no tooth root because a tooth is lost because of an injury, for example, your jawbone weakens.
Dental Implant Procedure:
A local anesthetic is applied to the area that will undergo the procedure. Then your dentist will remove any tooth left and insert a titanium post into the jawbone. The titanium post acts as the new tooth root and is biocompatible, so there is no worry of tissue rejection. The doctor will then surgically close the area and allow it to heal for a period of 3 to 6 months, while the process of osseointegration takes its full course. When you return, your Pensacola dentist will re-open the area, insert an abutment and place a crown over the abutment that matches the rest of your teeth.
What are the advantages of dental implants?
- Implants can have a high success rate, reaching 95 percent, compared to other dental restorations.
- They can last a lifetime if cared for properly.
- They don't slip out of place like dentures, which makes them comfortable and practical.
- They provide your jawbone with the support it needs so that it doesn't shrink.
- They are used to fill a single gap in your teeth, a few gaps, or all of your teeth.
- Dental implants look natural and can give you a beautiful smile.
- You won't have to worry about being able to bite into and chew your favorite foods.
If you have questions or concerns, Dr. Yee can help you out. Call his office, located in Pensacola, FL, at (850) 479-3355 to make an appoint today!