Even a healthy smile can use a little cosmetic improvement at some point. From stains and discolorations to chips, cracks, and spacing, everything from your dietary and lifestyle habits to unexpected accidents can cause functional and cosmetic damage. Dental veneers are one of the quickest, most effective and minimally invasive options available to improve a damaged smile. Dr. Edwin Yee, a dentist in Pensacola, FL, offers a range of dentistry options to help you look and feel your best under any circumstances.
Dental Veneers in Pensacola, FL
Veneers are made of a thin layer of porcelain which is bonded directly onto the surface of the tooth and adjusted to change to the size, shape, and color. A very thin layer of enamel may have to be shaved in order to ensure a smooth and natural looking fit for the veneer.
Porcelain veneers are a good cosmetic option for some of the following common dental problems:
- Permanent stains and discolorations that can't be removed with surface teeth whitening treatments (also known as intrinsic stains, which develop at the dentin layer inside the tooth)
- Mild to moderate chips and cracks
- Gaps and spacing issues (if you have bite or alignment issues you may need orthodontic treatment)
- Lengthen or reshape damaged or cosmetically unattractive teeth
- Reinforce a tooth that has fractured or been treated with root canal therapy
With good oral hygiene and regular preventive dental care, veneers typically last for five to ten years, often much longer. Once in place, veneers are cared for just like natural teeth with regular brushing and flossing and a dental exam and professional cleaning every six months.
Find a Dentist in Pensacola, FL
For more information about dental veneers and other cosmetic and restorative dentistry options, contact our office by calling (850) 479-3355 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Yee today.