Posts for category: Cosmetic Dentistry
Cosmetic Dentistry Options to Consider
Are you embarrassed to smile because of chipped, broken, missing or stained teeth? If so, you can stop worrying, here at our Pensacola, FL dental office, Dr. Edwin Yee is waiting to give you a total smile makeover, using the latest in cosmetic dentistry techniques. He will develop a dental procedure plan that is just right for your confidence and your pocket.
Your Cosmetic Dentistry Options
Pensacola dental patients can take advantage of the following cosmetic treatments:
- Teeth whitening: This is not only one of the least expensive ways to makeover your smile, but it is also the most popular. In-0ffice whitening produced much better results than home whitening kits and it’s also much safer because Dr. Yee protects your gums and inner cheeks from the whitening solution.
- Dental bonding: This treatment can eliminate minor chips of cracks using a tooth-colored, putty-like material that is molded onto the affected tooth then shaped to match your other teeth.
- Porcelain veneers: Dental veneers are very thin sheaths of porcelain designed to cover the front of damaged or discolored teeth. They are customized to match the color, size and shape of your existing teeth so that no one can tell the difference.
- A dental crown: One or more crowns can be used to completely cover a damaged or weakened tooth giving it more strength and improving its function. Crowns can also be attached to dental implants to replace one or more missing teeth.
- Dental implants: Missing teeth are replaced by a titanium post that is implanted within the jawbone. The bone grows around the post making it very secure. A small abutment is then added to the post, allowing for the attachment of a prosthetic tooth.
If you live in or around Pensacola, FL and you would like to find out more about cosmetic dentistry options, call Dr, Yee at (850) 479-3355.
How dental crowns from your dentist in Pensacola, Florida can help your smile.
Your teeth are strong, but that doesn’t mean they can’t be damaged. Everyday habits like chewing hard objects or grinding your teeth can all work together to chip or crack your teeth. Your smile shows the wear-and-tear of your life. The good news is, dental crowns can restore your damaged teeth and make your smile new again. Dr. Edwin E. Yee in Pensacola, Florida offers dental crown options that can help your smile.
Dental crowns work differently than dental fillings. Crowns cover the entire visible surfaces of your teeth, above the gumline. That means when you bite down on a dental crown, the biting stress is spread evenly across the entire surface of your tooth, protecting the tooth. Dental crowns restore your biting and chewing function along with giving you a beautiful smile.
Today’s dental crowns enhance the beauty of your smile too. That’s because one of the main crown materials is porcelain, a beautiful, natural-looking material that is also stain-resistant. Porcelain is light-reflective like natural tooth enamel and mimics the appearance of natural tooth enamel. Full porcelain crowns are often placed on front teeth or teeth that are visible when you smile.
Full porcelain crowns are suitable for any area of your smile, but sometimes you need more strength for your back teeth. For this reason, porcelain is often combined with a metal underlay. These crowns are known as porcelain-fused-to-metal or PFM crowns. PFM crowns are suitable for any area of your smile.
If you have damaged teeth, consider dental crowns, the best way to provide the strength you need and the beauty you want in your smile. To find out more about dental crowns and how they can help your smile, call Dr. Edwin E. Yee in Pensacola, Florida at (850) 479-3355. Call now and protect your smile.
Should you consider turning to your Pensacola dentist to achieve a whiter smile?
It’s difficult not to notice that in every TV show or magazine ad that everyone smiling seems to have perfectly white teeth. While you might think that you are far from being able to have this same vibrant smile, guess again. Our Pensacola, FL, dentist Dr. Edwin Yee can give you the same ad-worthy results you want with the help of professional teeth whitening. If you aren’t sure whether professional whitening is right for you, here are some things to consider:
Professional whitening is completely safe
If you feel a bit apprehensive about trying to whiten your smile on your own, then you may want to consider turning to our dental team for whitening treatment. Dr. Yee has received extensive training to be able to perform whitening treatment safely and effectively while reducing the chances of issues such as tooth sensitivity. Our team can tailor your treatment to meet your specific needs, as well.
Say goodbye to tough stains
If you are someone who can’t live without their morning coffee or you enjoy wine several nights a week, these habits aren’t exactly kind to your teeth. Dark drinks and foods can leave you dealing with some pretty stubborn and hard-to-remove stains that even your toothbrush and floss can’t tackle. When this is the case, professional teeth whitening might be your best option. Not only will professional whitening breakup these stain molecules, but they will also brighten your overall tooth enamel.
Feel more confident
When you have a more radiant smile, you no longer feel as self-conscious about your appearance. Whether you are looking to wow the audience during your next work presentation or you are about to walk down the aisle, professional in-office whitening can give you the fast, visible results that you are looking for to feel proud of your smile. Furthermore, having a whiter smile could actually make you look younger!
Interested? Give us a call
If you want to say goodbye to those coffee stains and enjoy a vibrant smile for the New Year, then it’s time to talk with our Pensacola, FL, general dentist to find out if you could benefit from professional teeth whitening. Call our office today at (850) 479-3355 to schedule a consultation.